Light Painting

Light painting is a photo technique in which people us lights and camera flashes to “draw picture.” People have very good time and explore the camera and camera settings using this technique. With this technique you have to know what aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. This technique has to also be done at night or in a dark room. The camera has to be in manual so you can get your drawing to your likings.

Somethings you need are: tripods, a DSLR camera and a light source (which could be anything from a flash light to your phone flash light). Then set your camera and your tripod and point it to where you want to paint. Then set you camera to manual setting and set you aperture between f/8 to f/32, and you shutter speed between 11-30 seconds, and lastly but not least set the ISO to 100 or 200. Next click to take the picture and quickly with your light source draw a picture you want and in whatever time you set your setting too you’ll have your picture.

I like this picture because sometime I like to be left alone to look at the night sky and I feel like this represents it all.

Post a comment