The assignment was to take pictures of the same object but with different depths of fields. By doing so my partner and I had to change the aperture by increasing it with every shot. Also by decreasing the shutter speed with every shot. When we increased the aperture we get a more clear image of the background. By slowing down the shutter speed we got anything that was in the background to seem blurry if it was moving.
My partner and I had some trouble trying to get the back ground to appear clear, instead of clear we got a change in the brightness. With every setting change the photo seemed darker. It was also difficult to get a clear background because students kept coming back and fourth, creating movement, which with a low shutter speed appears blurry on camera.