Death is Becoming My Friend

.

I chose to do my photo essay on my grandfather because I wanted to show how terrible it is once people forget about what is important. Family. My grandpa used to be my best friend, we did everything together but one day he decided to kick my family and I out. He chose someone who was toxic to take care of him instead of us. Ever since then his diabetes has been affecting him more than ever, he lost his leg because the person who was supposed to be taking care of him wasn’t, he grew bad lungs because of the housing circumstances therefore needing an oxygen tank and things to help him breathe, and he has now tripled his number of pills that he needs. It amazes me that he can still crack a smile and a joke even though he is going through so much, I admired him for all the work he has done before he got sick. I love him dearly don’t get me wrong but if he would have let us take care of him then he would be okay and happy. I named the essay “Death Is Becoming My Friend” because he has gotten so sad that when he was in the hospital he said, “just send me home to die with some pain killers.”. This was the first time I’ve seen him since he got out of the hospital, no one should ever have to go through this. Please keep family close especially if they want to do nothing but help you. R.I.P.

Post a comment