Monday 8/23-Tuesday 8/24: Reviewing Camera Settings
We will review and get re-acquainted with camera settings using the Canon website and resources below.
Answer the following questions on a Word document using the “learn” section of the website (link above):
- What is exposure?
- What three settings affect the exposure of a photograph?
- What is aperture?
- How does f-stops relate to aperture?
- How does aperture relate to exposure?
- How do you create a shallow depth of field (blurred background)?
- What is shutter speed?
- How does shutter speed relate to exposure?
- How do you freeze action?
- What is ISO?
- How does ISO affect exposure?
- Why is it suggested to use the lowest ISO possible?
- What is the exposure meter?
- How does it let you know your photo will be well-exposed?
The use this link to experiment taking photos using the Manual Mode option which requires that you set all 3 settings yourself:
Once you get a good handle on creating the effects and exposure you want, try the photo challenge:
Depth of Field and Shutter Speed Info: