Wednesday 1/19-Friday 1/21: Macro Photography
- Complete notes on the Macro photography PPT from last post
- Macro Photography Photos
- Macro photo tips for those at home
Macro Photography Photos Due by
Friday MONDAY 1/24/22
Equipment available in class:
- DSLR Cameras w standard + zoom lens
- Various Lenses: 28mm, 50mm, one Macro Lens, and one magnifying lens filter
- External Flash Units
- Other lighting devices
- Construction paper for backdrops
- Office supplies to photograph
Following along from home? Here are some tips for you:
- Since you’re already using your smartphone as your camera, you can’t use the flashlight on it as your light source. Instead try using a window or doorway to provide some side-lighting. You can also use other lighting equipment you may have: lamps, flashlights, LED lights, Christmas lights, etc.
- Tap the screen to focus the area you want focused.
- Keep your phone steady as you take a photo. If you don’t have a phone tripod, try other ways to stabilize it.
- Use solid surfaces as backdrops: white or black paper, fabric, etc. You can also use your laptop screen as a backdrop.
- Edit your photos using your phone features or Snapseed.