This Week’s Agenda:
- Complete or fix your Battle of the Lenses: Focal Length Portrait Experiment blog post to turn ASAP
- Natural Light Portraiture PPT and Photo Shoots
- Videos and demonstrations on reflectors and diffusers
- Portrait shoot outside with reflectors and diffusers
- Edit photos to post on blog and turn in on Teams
Open the PowerPoint to read through the instructions. Part 2 has two videos that you must view. (The links in the PPT may not work, so they’re provided below as well).
Natural Light Portraits Shots:
- Front lighting
- Side Lighting
- Back Lighting
- Open Shade
- Dappled Light
- “Garage” Light
- Window Light
- Reflector-before and after (use to fill in shadows)
- Diffuser-before and after (use to soften direct sunlight)
- Settings: Manual Mode, ISO 100, aperture f-stop as low as possible (so you only need to change shutter speed to alter exposure!)
- Use portrait orientation and get top of shoulders and up, don’t leave too much space above head
- Use 70-85mm focal length
- Don’t use “live mode”, look through viewfinder instead
Posting Instructions: Edit your photos. You only need one photo for each type of lighting. Caption with type of lighting and camera settings (example: Open Shade, M, f5.6, 1/800, ISO 100, 70mm).
For the reflector and diffuser photos, you need to show the before & after, but you only need to edit the “after” photo.