Hey everyone, sorry I’m out again. My son is too sick to go to school and I couldn’t get someone else to watch him.
I know I said we would be able to take photos outside today but obviously it will have to wait until tomorrow (Friday). I will extend the deadline for the Rules of Composition Scavenger Hunt.
In the meantime, you can continue to work on your rules of composition project. If you don’t have any more photos to work with or you’re all done, then you can start the Photographer Spotlight Assignment below, which will be due next week.
Be good to the sub, please. See you tomorrow!
Photographer Spotlight: Christina Fernandez
Step 1: Click on the link above and take a look at the photographic work of Christina Fernandez. In particular, make sure you view the following photo galleries:
- Maria’s Great Expedition
- Manuela Stitched
- Ruin (Untitled Multiple Exposures)
- View From Here
For each gallery there are several photos to look at, use the arrows on the bottom right to see the next one.
Step 2: Click on her Biography link and read the information about her and her work to gain a little insight about her and her work:
Step 3: Create a blog post (title it “Photographer Spotlight: Christina Fernandez”) to addresses the following information/questions using complete sentences: (use your own words, DO NOT copy and paste)
- Tell us the photographer’s name, where she’s from, and where she studied.
- What themes doe she explore in her work?
- Which photo collection did you find most interesting and why?
- What does she focus on as subject matter in the collection you selected?
- What do you think she is trying to express or show us in this collection? What does it make you think about?
Step 4: Save or Snip your most favorite photograph of hers to add to your blog. (It can be from any collection.) Then type under the photo to tell me the following about it:
- What is the title of the work and when was it created? (This is located on bottom left of the photo)
- What is the subject matter in the photo?
- Analyze how the photo was created (rules of composition used, camera angles, elements, editing techniques, etc.)? See the lists below.
- What is she trying to express or show us in the photograph?
- Why is this photo your favorite?
Step 5: Publish your post and turn in on Teams!
Below are the lists elements, camera angles, and rules of composition for you to reference, Click to view larger.