PRACTICING DEPTH OF FIELD ACTIVITY #2
Due end of Friday
This is a really fun assignment and totally powerful to see how you can transform a random location to something amazing.
- Use a person or object as your subject.
- Take photos of your subject in 5 different “boring” or “ugly” places.
- First, photograph each location using wide/deep depth of field (high f-stop #) so everything is in focus.
- Now set your subject in place, get close, and use a Shallow Depth of Field (Large Aperture/Low F Stop #) to blur the background on each of your photos. Use your DSLR, portrait mode, or Focos app.
- Do this 5 different times with different locations. (Photo of location with great depth of field, then photo of the subject in that location with shallow depth of field.)
- Edit your photos using Snapseed or your phone editing features (brightness, contrast, saturation, ambiance…)
- Create a collage of your five favorite DoF photographs using PicCollage.
- I would also like to see a collage of your locations (so that means you are turning in two collages). Turn both collages in the Teams assignment: “DoF Practice Activity #2”.