- Rule of Thirds Landscapes
- Spooky Photo Entry Prizes (Periods 2 & 6 only)
Objective: Practice placing subjects of interests off-center using the rule of thirds.
- Use your phone or DSLR* camera to capture “landscape” shots using the rule of thirds. It doesn’t have to be natural landscapes so campus scenes are fine!
- But remember the objective: find a point of interest and align it to one of the vertical grid lines or at an intersection point!
- Try to align your horizon to one of the horizontal lines as well!
- Edit your best 3 shots on Photoshop or using your phone editing features.
- Don’t forget to explore various camera angles with your scenes.
- Post to your blog as a gallery in medium or large size. Submit to Teams by Monday Nov. 8th.
*If using a DSLR I recommend using Aperture Priority mode (Av) and using a mid-range f-stop (about f8-f10, or higher) so you have a wide depth of field (long range of focus). And as always, the lowest ISO possible.
Spooky Photo Entries