Check out the work of Luvia Lazo by exploring the links provided. Then answer the 5 questions below on your blog. Turn in to Teams before the end of the period! Even if it’s incomplete, turn it in!
I hope the sites are not blocked! If a link ends up blocked, that’s okay, that is why I provided more than one. The PDF link will work for sure. 🙂
- https://www.luvialazo.com/ Besides exploring the images on the home page, also click on “Projects” and browse through both projects listed there.
- New Yorker Article_The Power of Portraits with Hidden Faces
Here is a PDF version of the article, in case it’s blocked or requires subscription: Luvia Lazo New Yorker Article_PDF Version
Questions to answer on your blog:
- What does Luvia Lazo’s work look like? (How would you describe her photos to someone who hasn’t seen them?)
- Where is she from and what community does she represent?
- Based on the article, what are some things that she explores in her work (themes, techniques, inspirations)?
- What do you think of her work?
- How is Luvia Lazo’s work similar to Tommy Kha’s work? And how are they different? (Consider the look, the themes, and the techniques, etc.)
We will share answers on Wednesday!