- Diving deeper into aperture and its effect on exposure and depth of field
- Upcoming “Shallow to Great Depth of Field Photo Assignment” with DSLR cameras (Yay!)
Aperture, Exposure, and Depth of Field
Pay attention to the 3 main things that affect depth of field when watching this video.
“Shallow to Great” Depth of Field Photo Assignment
Wednesday Thursday 9/16/21
Create a series of photos that demonstrate the change in depth of field with various aperture settings.
- Use Aperture Priority Mode (Av)
- Set ISO to Automatic (Auto)
- Use Automatic Focus (AF)
- Photograph similar or identical subjects to line up diagonally
- Take photos with the f-stop values assigned while zoomed all the way out