Cinema Style Color Palettes!

Hello everyone. I will be back in the classroom tomorrow. We will then begin the Focal Length Portrait experiment. Remember I need groups of 3, so if you know who you want to work with, please let me know in the “Miscellaneous” channel on Teams! Thanks!

Cinema Color Palette using Photoshop!

You’re going to use the Eyedropper Tool in Photoshop to sample colors from a photo. You’ll create a color palette like the Cinema Palettes seen here: Cinema Palettes

1. Open the Photoshop Template I made for you here: Color Palette Photoshop Template File
  2. First DOWNLOAD, then open the Photoshop file. SOON AS YOU OPEN IN PHOTOSHOP, SAVE IT!!!
  3. Select a photo YOU have taken and already have saved. Pick one that you think has nice combination of colors AND it has to be taken in horizontal orientation (like cinema film).
  4. Below is the video (plus the link, in case it won’t play on Edublogs).  If you need help, don’t be afraid to ask those around you. 🙂
  5. When you are done, export as a jpg to your OneDrive.
  6. Post on your blog title it, “My Photo Color Palette” and turn in the link on Teams.
  7. If you enjoyed this activity, try it with more of your photos!

Shortcut reminders:

• To resize a photo: CTRL+T (hit enter after you resize)
  • Zoom out: CTRL+”Minus sign”
  • Zoom in: CTRL+”Plus sign”
  • To deselect (get rid of a selection area): CTRL+D
  • To undo: CTRL+Alt+Z

Click this link if the video below doesn’t play.

Post a comment